UNION CONSTRUCTION READINESS PROGRAM
We believe in collaboration as a way of life. Developing strong community partnerships enhances our capacity to build a pipeline of skilled, diverse candidates for apprenticeships and careers in the construction industry.
Cleveland Builds connects motivated Clevelanders with career opportunities in construction where hard work and determination are rewarded. Our Union Construction Readiness Program empowers career-seekers to meet the needs of contractors through family-sustaining jobs.
Our programs, training initiatives, recruitment efforts, and partnerships enhance the pairing of high-quality candidates with productive opportunities in construction & the trades. Our efforts culminate to bolster our local communities and economy.
Program participants are more likely to find work and worked more months.
Program participants earn significantly more. While some of these gains can be attributed to working more hours, participants also earn significantly higher hourly wages.
Program participants are significantly more likely to get jobs that offer benefits.
Cleveland Builds’ efficacy and influence depend upon the meaningful collaborations we foster with our partners:
- Construction Employers Association: The Construction Employers Association of Cleveland is committed to leading, learning, & making a difference in the Ohio construction industry.
- Cleveland Building & Construction Trades Council: The Cleveland Building & Construction Trades Council is the umbrella organization for local unions working in the construction industry in the Greater Cleveland region.
- National Electrical Contractors Association: The Greater Cleveland Chapter of NECA represents the best electrical contractors from the Cleveland area.
- Mechanical & Plumbing Industry Council: The Mechanical and Plumbing Industry Council (MAPIC) is composed of the Mechanical Contractors’ Association of Cleveland (MCA); the Cleveland Plumbing Contractors’ Association, Inc. (CPCA); the Certified Pipe Welding Bureau of Cleveland, Inc. (CPWB); and the Mechanical Service Contractors Association (MSCA). These trade associations represent companies engaged in the plumbing and pipe fitting industry.
- Northern Ohio Painting and Taping Contractors Association: The Northern Ohio Painting and Taping Contractors Association, (NOPTCA), is a trade association serving painting and decorating contractors to help improve their businesses through educational programs, local networking, and establishing industry standards.
Collaboration Is A Way Of Life
The partnerships and collaborations we’ve fostered here at Cleveland Builds uphold our commitment to building innovative workforce development strategies. We meet regularly to align programs and services, enhance our inter-agency referral process, and coordinate outreach and networking activities to strengthen recruitment efforts.
Our industry and community partnerships enable us to plan and facilitate a variety of community engagement events to inform members of the community about training and employment opportunities available in the construction and industrial sectors. From career exploration events for high school students, to recruitment events for direct hire opportunities, Cleveland Builds’ strong presence in the community helps connect industry with a more diverse, qualified workforce.